I love books. I love holding the paper in my hands and turning pages. I love to scan the shelves to choose a book to read. I love to pick up an old book printed decades before I was born and savor its history. There’s something about holding a book in my hands that makes it very personal.
Readers now have other choices. One of them is the growing popularity of ebooks. Why?
- Portable as long as an e-book reader is available.
- Interactive. E-books are in digital format giving access to many functions such as search, bookmark, digital notes and even zoom.
- Readability. Many e-book readers have features that illuminate the words without extra lighting that may bother others. For those who need larger print, fonts may be enlarged.
- Durability. Although books show their age through wear and tear, ebooks do not because they are stored in devices readily available as long as these readers are working.
- Cost-Effectiveness. E-books can be downloaded from Internet library sites and on-line bookstores. It’s also true that e-books are cheaper than paper books to produce.
If these are your arguments, Under the Wings of a Good Luck Phoenix is also available in a Kindle edition.